Mulled sweet wine
- a bottle of red wine
- 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- a couple of star anises / cloves
- a couple tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon brandy or bourbon or cognac
- Add all the ingredients in a pot: the red wine, orange, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise and honey.
- Bring the pot ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the liqueur of preference.
- Use a strainer to remove the solid ingredients.
- Serve the mulled wine warm with your favorite garnish – try one of these:
- Pomegranate seeds
- Twist of Orange Rind
- Sliced Apple sprinkled with Cinnamon
Mulled red wine is a lovely compliment to kourambiedes, sesame cookies, and paximadia.