Dried figs spoon sweet
- 2 pounds dried figs
- 2 pounds sugar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup cognac
- Juice of a medium lemon
- Walnuts, almonds (by preference)
- Cut the figs into pieces and soak them for two hours in cognac.
- In a saucepan with a wide bottom, pour the water with the sugar. Once the sugar is dissolved, add the figs.
- Once boiled, remove from the heat and allow the figs to soak in the syrup for two hours.
- After two hours continue a slow boil until the syrup is cooked.
- Add the walnuts and almonds.
- Five minutes before turning off the heat, pour the lemon juice.
- Pour the spoon sweet in sterile jars, immediately put on lids. Let cool in jars upside down.
(To sterilize jars, you may boil them in water, as well as the lids. Leave the jars in the pot of low boiling water and fill immediately once removing them from water.)