Skordalia, Potato and Garlic Mash
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Wash the potatoes. Peel and cut into large pieces. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and boil for 20-25 minutes until they become soft.
- In a food processor add the garlic cloves, salt, white wine vinegar and blend. Add the potatoes, blend and then pour the olive oil gradually while blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Taste the mixture to test that the garlic is to your preference and then serve skordalia as a dip with some toasted bread.
- Skordalia goes well with pan-fried cod or beetroots.