Courtesy of Chef Andreas Eftaxias
- 1 lb dried chickpeas, soaked in clean water for 12 hours
- 1 large boiled potato, mashed
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 medium-sized red onions, chopped
- ½ cup evoo
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mesolonghi fleur de sel
- Drain the chickpeas and pour them in a food processor. Pulse until a rough, coarse meal forms and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the boiled potato, eggs, onions, olive oil, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper and knead until the ingredients are well combined, and the mixture holds together.
- Form the mixture into small round balls or patties and fry the revithokeftedes over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Let them drain on a paper towel and serve while fresh and hot.