Laconian orange pie
- 2 cups of orange juice
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 tbsp. cooking soda
- A sachet of baking powder
- 1/4 cup cognac
- Zest of two oranges (for the syrup)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- Orange zest
- Beat the oil with sugar and add the juice in which you have previously dissolved the soda. Pour the cognac, the zest and finally the flour mixed with baking powder. Stir thoroughly to homogenize the ingredients.
- Grease a baking tray and pour the mixture. Bake in preheated oven at 356 °F for about 40 minutes.
- For the syrup; boil the ingredients for about 7 minutes (as soon as it starts to boil) and let it cool.
- Cut the pie in pieces and pour with cool syrup.
TAGS: Baking, culture, Dessert, Greek Cooking, Laconian orange pie, Orange zest