Energy bars with nuts and dried plums
- 2 ½ cups dried oatmeal
- ½ cup nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts)
- ½ cup of honey
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp. black sugar (also known as “pure brown sugar” and can be found in Asian food markets)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup Dried Plums
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper. Spread the oats and nuts in an even layer across the sheet pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the honey, sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add the vanilla and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, nuts, dried plums and the sugar mixture.
- Line a rectangular baking pan with wax paper. Pour in the granola mix and press. Leave in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours and then cut into bars.
TAGS: Dried plums, Every Bars, Greek Diet, health